The MaDee Project provides support to pediatric cancer patients and their families in the Staunton, Augusta County, and Waynesboro regions of Virginia. The Project also supports funding national research in hopes of preventing pediatric cancer from affecting any other children and ultimately, to find a cure for this disease.
The MaDee Project was established in October 2010 in memory of MaDee Nicole Boxler. MaDee battled pediatric cancer from 2008-2010; it was her strong spirit while battling this disease that became the inspiration of this project. If MaDee were physically here with us today, she would be holding children under her wing, teaching, guiding and comforting them, especially those diagnosed with cancer. This project is our way of showing the community, MaDee’s legacy continues. She lives on…providing the children and their family with hope, help, and healing.
Project Inspiration: MaDee Nicole Boxler
October 24, 1987 – February 16, 2010
- Fort Defiance High School Alum, 2006
- Roanoke College Alum, 2009
- Double Major: Criminal Justice & Psychology
- Chi Omega Sorority Sister
- Pampered Chef Consultant
- Bethany Hall Residential Counselor
- Dancin’ Feet & You’re a Star Retail Associate
- YMCA Childcare Attendant
- Statistician for Fort Defiance High School and Roanoke College Athletics
- Daughter to Tamara Talley Campbell and Tom Boxler, Jr
- Sister to Abby and Jeff Arey
- Aunt to Cy and Rosee’ Arey
- Granddaughter to Nancy Talley & the late Carl Talley and Dorothea Boxler and the late Thomas R. Boxler
- Great Granddaughter to Ms. Eva Furr
- Niece to Charlie and Sara Boxler, Tim and Renee Talley, Wlliam Boxler, Arthur and Susan Shaheen, Janice Pence
- Great Niece to Elwood and Becky Furr, Bob Furr, David Law, Judy Ashby, and James and Shirley Lafon
- Cousin to Brittany Boxler, Jessica Talley Shafer, Luke, Charlee Pence, Kylie, Abigial, and Lilly Shaheen, Jason and Jeremy Boxler, Kate
- Dog mom to Mo Man
Learn more about MaDee and her story, here.